Quran on Water and Life
(Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?) (21:30)
Modern science affirms clearly that water is the basic component of life, with which the cell is built. Chemists have proven that water is a necessary and active substance used in changes and reactions which occur inside the body. For this reason it is the only fluid which every living thing needs, no matter how large or small it may be, starting with micro-organisms to the largest living animals on earth.
The Water which covers the earth in this day and age is approximately 71% and the remainder 29% of the earth is dry land.
The main source for the human and animal body is water, as well as the plants, as it is proven by scientific analysis's showing the body of a human adult from the age of 15 years and upwards contains approximately 71% of water as for the child his body contains 93% of water, which indicates 80% of water runs through the human body and the remainder is blood, and as much as 90% water is found in animals and plants.